WHAT IS IT?
• OMEX® SW7TM (Siliphos) is a silicon based wetter, designed to give enhanced uptake
of foliar nutrients.
• Silicon is widely recognized as a beneficial element to many crops. It is transported in
the xylem and deposited in the epidermal cells. It complexes with calcium in the cell
walls and acts as a physical strengthener and also to alleviate abiotic and biotic stress.
It also plays a part in the plants defense mechanism at the local level and is useful in
reducing pest infestation.
• The product is available in 1 L bottles.
WHEN & WHY USE IT?
• SW7TM is used to improve uptake of foliar nutrients applied to the leaves
and supplies a source of silicon.
• When SW7TM is used at higher rates, it supplies silicon to the crop. This can have a
secondary effect of deterrence, which may affect a variety of pests such as aphids,
red spider mite, thrips and whitefly. The silicon-oxygen bonds are hydrophobic
and the organic clusters are hydrophilic, creating a superior wetting agent, which
spreads quickly to cover a large surface area – greater than conventional surfactants.
Microscopic examination reveals a high degree of stomatal flooding may also occur
which can extend into the intercellular spaces. On contact with water, the bonds
begin to degrade and the process runs to completion after 36-72 hours depending on
temperature. The breakdown products are natural, being silica (e.g. sand), water and
For other Omex Products, Click Here or go to https://www.ynotgoatsltd.com/pages/omex-price-list